Sunday, March 3, 2013

A daily funeral....


Followers of Jesus face some hard words that often set us on our heels. As much as we want to change and see our lives become more useful for God, we struggle with the daily call to die to ourselves. I have learned over the years that some persistent patterns of thought and behavior need more than confession or repentance; they need to be killed, to die. Sometimes we need to visit our own funeral and place our destructive habits, attitudes and behaviors in a grave. While Jesus’ death was once for all for my sins, I find that my trips to my own funeral are daily experiences. Just when I think that I have killed off one thing another comes to rear its ugly head. Following Jesus is a life of daily funerals. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment