Thursday, July 18, 2013

Worried about the future...


Many of us, as we mature and put on the years, begin to wonder: who will take care of me in my old age? This is a normal human concern. Isaiah and his neighbors experienced this anxiety with extra force since they were living in a foreign land with no guarantee of security. Isaiah took their concerns to God who gave Isaiah these words:

“I have upheld (you) since your birth,
   and have carried (you) since you were born.
Even to your old age and gray hairs
   I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
   I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (Isaiah 45:3-4)

As I live among modern day refugees whose lives are not unlike those of Isaiah and his neighbors, I find many of them have already experienced the truth of these Divine words. These refugees are a great encouragement and reminder to me of the faithfulness of God. Are you worried about your future? Look up! – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment