Monday, July 22, 2013

What do you hear today?


“What are the first sounds you hear as you wake up?” For me the first sounds I hear are the birds outside of the window. The more important question is, “What attitude do I wake up with?” The ancient prophet, Isaiah, made this observation about morning awakening:

“The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.” (Isaiah 50:4)

Do I wake up with an attitude of openness to the Spirit or am I closed to the Spirit? What difference does it make? If we want to have a word of encouragement for the weary souls we meet along our daily journey, we need to have an open ear toward the Divine source of all wisdom. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment