Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Here is a small word of great hope...


When we are going through torrents of difficulty, it is easy to be drowned in despair. Will the misery ever end? As I have worked and lived among refugees for the past dozen years, they remind me that many people in our world do live in what seems like never-ending misery. In the days of the prophet Isaiah, he recognized this despair and, then, wrote this:

“Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!” (Isaiah 30:18)

Did you see that little word, “yet?” If today you are facing an overwhelming challenge, remember God’s “yet.” – Ron Friesen

1 comment:

  1. Ron, I, too, am a wanderer and an acquaintance of yours on FB. I have wandered further astray than you (I think) but you may find some items of interest on my new web site (published only yesterday):
    http://www.freelancemonkette.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete