Friday, June 28, 2013

Make a choice...



It sounds trite to say it, yet it is true, life is about choices. Many days our lives seem to be made up of simple choices: will it be iced tea, coffee or a soda?  On other days life throws us more complicated choices that have a further reach: do I rent or buy a home? For people who take questions of faith seriously, the choices have even more consequential results. They are questions of life or death. The ancient prophet, Isaiah, speaking to his people reminds them that they can either run to God or away from God. If they run away from God they will be caught in a thicket of briers of their own making. Or they have this choice:

“Or else let them come to me (God) for refuge; let them make peace with me, yes, let them make peace with me.” (Isaiah 27:5)

Which choice will you and I make today? – Ron Friesen

2 comments: