Friday, June 14, 2013

Give Praise!


There are days when our lives do turn around and seem to be filled with good news and joy. The followers of Jesus know that their good fortune is not just a lucky coincidence or chance. Followers of Jesus, like the people of God in Isaiah’s day, know that their change of circumstances are the reflection of God’s action on their behalf. There is only one response to these fortunate events: Praise God.

When Isaiah’s hears of the promised Good News for his people he writes:  

“I will praise you, Lord. 
    
“Give praise to the Lord, Isaiah 12:1, 4

Praise is a choice, “I will praise…” and a command, “Give praise…. When we hear good news we should quickly let our lips be filled with gratitude and praise to our God. Sometimes we need to be reminded that there is good news in the middle of our challenges, then we need to heed the command to thank God. When my wife had a serious car accident a few weeks ago, I had to immediately praise God; I did not have to wait for a command. A few days later I ended up in the hospital with some heart issues; I had to be reminded to praise the Lord for a kind friend who drove me there, for a professional staff to greet me and help me and for a very nice room with room service from the dining room. Why? It was easier for me to focus on my problems than to focus on the goodness around me. Has your life become better- Give praise to the Lord! – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment