Thursday, June 20, 2013

Does God seem quiet today?


Do you ever notice that God seems very quiet? There seems to be no active presence of God in your life or in your community. You are not alone in this experience. According to the ancient prophet, Isaiah, we should expect moments like this in our lives:

“This is what the Lord says to me: “I will remain quiet and will look on from my dwelling place, like shimmering heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.”” (Isaiah 18:4)

The context of these words suggests a common saying we have: “There is always a quiet before the storm.” If you are in a place in your life where God seems to be very quiet, do not despair. God is about to do a great thing in your life. We would do well to heed the words of the Psalmist, quoting the words of God, “He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”” (Psalm 46:10). – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment