Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Have you been ruined?


Any encounter with the living God leaves us kneeling in the dust of humiliation. Here is the ancient prophet’s description of his moment of meeting the Divine:

“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.” Isaiah 6:5

When human imperfection meets divine perfection, there is only one fitting declaration, “I am ruined.” Our best efforts to be good people fall far short when we meet Divine Holiness. Our lips are the instruments of proclamation of this imperfection. Everyday our lips proclaim our self-centered existence. We are the ones who asserting our ego: Edging God Out. When we are ready to kneel in the dust of our humiliation, we will see God for who God really is. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment