Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Winning the battle...


Winning the battle…

Have you ever said to yourself, “I wish I could give up this habit.”? The habit could be anything you believe is destructive to you because it impairs you physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Followers of Jesus soon learn that becoming a transformed person is not about giving up bad habits; it is about giving up their rights to themselves. What we see and experience as bad habits are witnesses to our declarations of independence. “I am my own man! I can do what I want!” Following Jesus is about giving up our independence, our self-will, and saying with Jesus in the Garden, “Not my will but yours be done.” The battle over our destructive habits is fought and won here. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment