Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Good or the Best?


The good or the best?

The good is the enemy of the best! From the human perspective there are many things that are good. The Bible says that God is the creator of the good; how can this good get in the way of what is best? We begin believing that having accomplished some great good we have fulfilled the purposes and will of God. It is easy to believe that we have achieved this by ourselves by our natural abilities and aspirations. Nothing could be more contrary to the way of Jesus who calls us to deny ourselves. We have only one right: the right to give up our rights. To be crucified with Christ is nail our declaration of independence on the Cross. There comes a time in the life of every follower of Jesus a funeral: the funeral of independence. – Ron Friesen

2 comments:

  1. Preacher-san!
    Good words. In fact, excellently timed. We lost Dad Thanksgiving Day - I went to Mass at Mom's small Presbyterian church and did not like it. I prefer the traditional mass.
    Ron, I am seeking something here in Evansville to replace 2nd Presbyterian in INDY - I may try a Christian church -
    but evangelical zealots frighten me.
    I do fear a theocracy in America and now espescially one in Indiana with Mike Pence as Governor.


    Best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I am sure your Mom is glad you are close by. Good to see you. I will send you a private email about some thoughts I have about some church ideas.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete