Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Challenge of Change


Have you noticed how hard it is change something in yourself? Have you ever prayed, “God, deliver me from this temper”? Why is transformation so difficult?  Many times we have already confessed to the world, “Get used to it. I get angry. I blow up sometimes. I can’t change.” God will not argue with our confession. God’s way of working is to let us come to the end of our own means. When we finally agree with God: “God, I am person with a bad temper. I have hurt you and my fellow man,” then, we can begin the journey of transformation. As we become broken, our spirit is united with God and we discover the power of the Cross. Our character problems do not need to be confessed; they need to be killed, then the words of St. Paul come true: “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me” (Galatians 2:20). – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment