Sunday, January 20, 2013

For Whose Sake?



Why do we live our lives as we do? Maybe we should ask for who do we live our lives?  Some will answer, “I live for my mother.” Others will say, “I live for my wife.” Still others, “I live for my children.” When we made these declarations we state that we are living for another’s sake or cause: “For the sake of my children, I will do such and such.”
The follower of Jesus has a higher calling than living for his family or his children: he lives for the sake of Jesus. Human relations are fragile and temporary; spiritual relationships are permanent and eternal. We serve the everlasting God who reigns over an eternal kingdom. Breaking loose from our individual independence from God, setting ourselves free from our selfish nature and becoming one with Christ, we choose to be absolutely loyal to our Lord. When we move on this path of devotion to Christ, we begin to understand what Jesus meant when he said, “…for my sake” Matthew 10:39. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment