Monday, April 1, 2013

Do you really love me?


Do you really love me?

After the resurrection, Jesus met Peter, the denier, for a meeting of restoration. Peter was asked three times, “Do you love me?” Each time Peter responded, “Yes, you know I do.” With each confession, Jesus gave the command, “Feed my sheep.” There is no elaborate description given about how Peter is to show his love for is Lord and Savior; only a simple command: “Feed my sheep.” Jesus has some very peculiar sheep: some are messy, some are clumsy and aggressive, and some go astray! Loving Jesus and his sheep means setting aside my prejudices and feelings of who is worthy of my loving service. There is no room here for common sense or natural feelings of attraction. To love Jesus is to love all his sheep. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment