Thursday, February 7, 2013

Set free...


Set free…

Long before you and I were born, God was already at work bringing about a plan to reunite us with him. It is tempting to rely on this eternal work and word; believing that all we must do now is to wait until we take our last earthly breath. Nothing could be further from the truth. To “work out (my) own salvation” (Philippians 2:12) means that I am a steward of that which God has claimed from and claimed me for. Just as Christ expressed his life in his body; we are called to express our faith in our daily, bodily life. There is no secret to following God: daily we discipline our bodies and place them under the control of God. We are accountable for how we will use our bodies: our abilities, thoughts and desires. There is a temptation to say, “Well, that is just the way I am, it is my nature.” Jesus joined our nature so it would die on the Cross freeing us from our natural inclinations for selfishness and set free his Spirit in us to serve God and our neighbor. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment