Friday, February 22, 2013

Freedom from myself

The individuality and individualism that is held up in our world as a hallmark of human accomplshment runs counter to the Gospel. Our individuality often declares itself by saying, “I can’t surrender,” or “I can’t be free.” If we attend to the spiritual dimension of our being, we soon learn it never says, “I can’t”; it is always opening itself to more and more of God. We are created with a great capacity to experience the Divine, but our individuality, the “I” in the middle of the word, “sin”, keeps us from reaching our potential. The moment we declare the futility of saving ourselves, the very moment we agree with God that we are captives of our own imaginations, this very moment is the moment we are free to experience the fullness of Christ which fills all things (Ephesians 1:23). - Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment