Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I wish I could see God...


I wish I could see God!

I wish I could see God! I wish I could know God as a friend! The human hunger for an encounter with the divine is all around us. It is often buried under multiple relationships, collections of the latest collectables, stimulating substances, and career successes. There is no lack of spiritual hunger in our world; there is only a lack of recognizing all of our frantic efforts for what they really are: our human attempts to bury our inner emptiness. Ancient wisdom says, “Be still and know that I am God.” It takes an act of our will; an act of obedience that acknowledges we are nothing. “I must have to do something!” our proud spirit argues. Stop arguing. In humility, close your mouth and open your heart. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment