Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I am...


I am…

How do you understand yourself? If you had to complete the statement, “I am    ____”, what would you say? When St. Paul completed the statement he said, “I am a slave of Christ” (Romans 1:1). Wait a minute! I am no one’s slave! Yet this is the demand of the gospel: give up your rights. Until we give up our independence all of our religiosity is a fraud, a sham. The point we must understand is this: will I give up? Will I surrender to Jesus Christ with no conditions whatsoever on how the brokenness will come? Whatever my understanding of myself, I must be broken from it. The moment I reach this point and reality of my identification with Jesus Christ takes place then the truth of who I really am will be known “I am crucified with Christ….” (Galatians 2:20). – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment