Monday, August 17, 2015

Love or Knowledge?

Ever met a know-it-all? Obnoxious, right? I do not try to come across as a know-it-all, but I have been accused of it a few times. Much more powerful and important is to be known as a person of love. I am sure we have all met people who preach to us THE TRUTH without any love. They may have the gift of the Spirit but they do not have the fruit of the Spirit. Here is St. Paul’s perspective:

“But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. But whoever loves God is known by God” (I Corinthians 8:1-2)

Over the years I have learned that love beats knowledge all the time. Charles Swindoll is credited with this truth, “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”

When you fall into the love of the Divine Lover, your life will turn into a life of love. You and I know how unlovable we are until we meet Divine Love. Immersed in Divine Love, Divine love pours out of the pores of our being to all around us.


Ronald Friesen © 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment