Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Help!

How do you and I react to the weak among us? Who are the weak? When I think of the weak, I think of the broken of body, mind and spirit. We all live among the weak. Here is St. Pauls instruction:

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. (Romans 15:1-2)

Be strong for those who cant be strong for themselves!

Be an encourager!

Be patient!

Dont take advantage of the weak!

Aim to please everyone!

I have learned over the years the power of simple words of encouragement. Our agency had a client who seemed to be stuck in her mental health recovery. One day I noted a small movement in her recovery. I see you are getting better. She thanked me. In the coming weeks her recovery moved along quickly. One day I asked her the source of her inspiration for her recovery. You believed in me.

All around us today we will meet the weak. Give a word of encouragement.


Ronald Friesen © 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment