Sunday, September 15, 2013

Looking for protection?


Are you being bombarded by forces seen and unseen? Is the onslaught of those who are seeking to destroy you seem like an unending avalanche? Certainly, there are days when we join the writer of the Psalms in experiencing the relentless wave of those who seem bound to destroy us. Who will defend us? The Psalmist reminds us:

My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart. Psalm 7:10

We do not need an idea to defend us; we need a Person to protect us. It is here that many followers of Jesus become confused. Our intellect will not save us. Our best new idea will not protect us. Christian faith is not an idea; Christian faith is a person. Are you trusting a good idea or God? – Ron Friesen

2 comments:

  1. I pride myself on my faith. Like Job I've felt the urge to quit only how would I explain to GOD? With others whose struggle is much more intense I'm going to feel bad? I thank God for the strength he blessed me with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, It does not take much faith to please God. I rejoice with you on the strength God gives you.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete