Monday, September 23, 2013

Did you know?


Who am I in this vast universe? I feel so small, so insignificant. This perspective is not a new one. Over 3,000 years ago the Psalmist had the same thoughts. He penned them in this manner:

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,

the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them? Psalm 8: 3 – 4

The Psalmist answers his own questions with these words:

You have made them a little lower than the angels and
crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;

you put everything under their feet. Psalm 8:5 – 6

Wait a minute. I am not an insignificant number in the ever-growing census of the human race? I have significance beyond my number? My life is crowned with light of divine specialness; my existence has made me first line for the daily distribution of divine purpose.

Have you discovered your specialness? – Ron Friesen

2 comments: