Friday, January 2, 2015

Lend me some faith.....

"I wish I had more faith."

"I wish I I had your faith."

"I am too tired to believe."

"I don't think I can even believe."

We have all expressed these sentiments.

One day a paralyzed man thought he would like to take on the stories he had heard about the Man from Nazareth. He asked four friends if they would take him to where Jesus was preaching. Arriving at the door of the home, there was no way to negotiate a path to where Jesus was standing. Upon surveying the scene, the friends decide to do a little deconstruction on the roof. Having made an entry, they lower their helpless friend in front of Jesus.

Jesus, marveling at the ingenuity of the men, acknowledged the friends' faith. Mark, the gospel writer, puts it this way, "When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, 'My son, your sins are forgiven.'"

How much in the world is begging for people of faith to exercise their faith?

Ronald Friesen (c) 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment