Friday, January 23, 2015

A Faith Worthy of...

In the seventh chapter of the Acts of the Holy Spirit is the record of St. Stephen's defense of his faith before the religious leadership of the Jewish community. I have always been interested in the story of the first martyr of the church.

What interests me is this: What kind of faith is worth dying for? Let's deepen the question: Do I have a faith worth of dying for?

If someone said they were going to kill you because of your faith, do you think they would be justified in their desire?

Most of us will never be asked if we are ready to die for our faith.

Here is another question: Is my faith worth living for? Would I change my life because of my faith? Would I let my faith change my life?

These last questions are much more significant to me than the question, "Are you willing to die for your faith?"

Living out your faith is a daily choice. Jesus said, "Take up my cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23). Following hard after Jesus is not easy. Sissies need not apply. Are you ready to give up the right to your life and let God take over? We all know EGO means Edging God Out. To follow Jesus is to let go of your ego.

Ron Friesen (c) 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment