Thursday, April 5, 2018

Praying with those who are Homeless III

He is sitting at the door of my office when I arrive with another client. “Can I see you,” he inquires. “Yes, as soon as I have met with this gentleman.” Upon the departure of “Sam,” I invite him to join me in my office. He quickly informs me he is a Muslim and wants me to pray with him for his wife who has many chronic health issues. We discuss his life situation for awhile. He shares his life story of coming to America after graduating with a college degree in the Middle Eastern country where his father lives. He shares his story of several marriages and a lot of instability. Eventually he tells me more about his home life and why he is homeless. Apparently, he had an altercation with his teenage son that resulted in the police being called and my guest being arrested for domestic violence, hence, he is homeless. We discuss his job search. He is a resourceful man who will find a job. He loves his Christian wife and wants his home life to be restored. We pray for his wife’s health, for his relationship with his son and his job search. Upon praying, he grasps my hands, looking into my eyes he thanks me for my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment