Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Bible Study with the Homeless I

Today (Monday, April 16, 2018), I held the regular weekly Bible study in the newly dedicated Rev. Q. Gerald Roseberry Conference Room.

Sometimes we become concerned by numbers and numbers do represent a level of impact, however, today’s Bible Study with three men represented the depth of Biblical understanding and commitment to Christian discipleship among those who use the Human Service Campus as a launching pad to reversing their current status.

Two of the men came to the study prepared with their Bibles. One had a Gideon’s New Testament so he asked for a Bible with both testaments before he left. Another man carries a Bible with him everywhere he goes and is often sitting in the day room of the Lodestar Day Resource Center reading his Bible.

We reviewed the verses from the message on worry shared by Chaplain Bill on Sunday morning. As we discussed the verses, the men quoted other Bible verses about God’s care and provision for us when we are given to worry about our lives. They also shared experiences about God’s provision in their lives. Stories of struggles and victories were also told.

We ended our time with prayer items. I asked them to share first and offered a prayer for each man. One of the men asked me if I had something they could pray for me. I shared some of my needs. This is how a community of faith is built.


Ronald Friesen © 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment