Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Look up!


Our world is full to people looking for happiness, peace, power, love, wealth, comfort, and joy. All around us are people amusing themselves to death playing their favorite game on their android or iPhone. They are completely unaware that their hunger is not a psychological one but a spiritual one. Before we can find out the answer to the hunger of our heart, we need to recognize that whatever we are using to stave off the hunger will not meet our deepest need. Over 3,000 years ago the Psalmist realized that he was living in a place where there was no water would quench the deepest thirst he was experiencing; he wrote:

You, God, are my God,
   earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
   my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
   where there is no water. – Psalm 63:1

As one of my friends often reminds me, “Look up!” – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment