Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The song of our life...


Do you have a song running through your head today? It seems you cannot get those words or that tune out of your head!

What about the song your life is writing? Each of us is a songwriter; our lives are writing words on the hearts and minds of those around us. We can write songs of complaint or songs of joy. We can write songs of destruction or songs of praise. We can also choose the audience of our song. Who is your audience? The Psalmist says that his audience is the Divine.

My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him (God). – Psalm 28:7

Why?

Praise be to the Lord, 
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. – Psalm 28:6-7

People who have an intimate relationship with God let the beauty of that relationship flow out of the song their lives write. – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment