Sunday, November 24, 2013

Can I be forgiven?


Guilt! Forgiveness! Many psychologists believe that these are two of the driving issues of many maladies of the hearts and souls of many people. As I work in a mental health setting, one of the most popular groups is the group that addresses forgiveness. We should not be surprised that the Psalmist who addresses many human conditions addressed the issue of forgiveness:

Then I acknowledged my sin to you
    
and did not cover up my iniquity.

I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.”

And you forgave the guilt of my sin. – Psalm 32:5

It is one thing to seek the forgiveness of imperfect people like ourselves; it is another to ask forgiveness from a Being in which no imperfection is found. Imperfect people can only forgive imperfectly; a perfect Being can forgive perfectly. I often say, “The God who knows you perfectly and loves you perfectly will forgive you perfectly.” – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment