Sunday, February 18, 2018

Bringing healing….

This morning my friend, David, and I went to the Human Service Campus, downtown Phoenix.

There was a lot of action outside of the campus with various groups serving breakfast and handing out items; it was almost empty on the campus. David and I walked around inviting people to the non-denominational church service at the St. Vincent de Paul Chapel. It took a while to generate some interest. Yet it was also a time of encouragement and ministry to folks.

Six people joined us in the chapel; some had attended services in the past. They actively engaged in the singing David lead us in. They suggested songs from David’s music booklet and enthusiastically sang.

I shared a message based on Psalm 103:1-5 emphasizing God’s Good News of deliverance (guilt, forgiveness, hell) and blessings (royalty, goodness, energy). The worshippers actively engaged me during the message offering questions and additional insights.

David and I ended the service by offering an anointing service of oil. All the worshippers came forward. As I anointed “Bill,” he began to weep and shake. He was enveloped in God’s love as I held him in my arms. Later, David and I talked to Bill. He told us that he had done many things he was ashamed of. “I am so glad that God loves me and forgives me.”

Bill was incontinent and smelled badly.

God loves us in whatever condition we come.


Ronald Friesen © 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment