Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Last Seven Words of Jesus

As we enter this Holy Week, I invite you to join me in reflecting on the last words of Jesus. I believe that these last words are words that can lead us into a deeper walk with Jesus not just in this week, but throughout our lives. As you read these thoughts, I invite you to do your own journaling through word or art or both.
                                   
Here are the Last Seven Words:

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34)

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46)

“Dear Woman, here is your son!” and “Here is your mother!”  (John 19:26-27)

“I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43)

“I am thirsty” (John 19:28)

“Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit” (Luke 23:46)

“It is finished!” (John 19:30)


Epilogue: The Good News of Easter

Ronald Friesen (c) 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment