Friday, April 14, 2017

Feeling Abandoned by God


“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” – Matthew 27:46

Have you ever felt abandoned by God? 

Over the years, I have heard some very painful stories of abandonment: faithful spouses who woke up one day to find their spouse had abandoned their marriage vows of fidelity and loyalty, children who saw their parents lost in their addictions of work, drugs, greed, abuse, and power, pastors who were ejected from their churches because their theology no longer perfectly matched the beliefs of some folks.

Alone
Deserted
Jettisoned
Cast off
Left
Jilted
Forsaken

The worst abandonment to experience is that God has deserted you, abandoned you, left you alone. 

Let us not fool ourselves into thinking that following hard after God will save us from feeling we are all alone in the battle of life. 


Abandoned? Jesus knows the feeling. Into the darkness he cried: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” – Ron Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment