Friday, April 25, 2014

Living in the Shadow...


The picture is of people running down the street fleeing a huge cloud of dust and smoke. It is a photograph burned into my mind of September 11, 2001. The cloud of dust and smoke created a giant shadow over the panicking victims.

Many people live in shadows: some of their own making, many of them created by life around them. It is tempting to live our lives under these shadows, feeling we are going to be overtaken any minute.

Yet there is another shadow we can live under. It is not a shadow created by us or by life; it is a shadow created by a God who wants to have a personal relationship with us. A few thousands of years ago, the Psalmist captured this truth:

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.” – Psalm 91:1-2

Today is another opportunity for us to move our lives from the shadow of panic into the shadow of God wh

No comments:

Post a Comment