Friday, December 20, 2013

Be still and know...


In the busyness of the Christmas season, it is easy to get lost in the noise, the crossing of items off the “To Do” list, the last cleaning of the house, and the mixing of the second-last batch of cookie dough. It is easy to find ourselves so busy that we wonder “Why I am I going crazy?”

The ancients knew something we moderns could stop and relearn:

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10

Over 3,000 years ago, the Psalmist wrote a song that reminded his people that in the midst of the struggles and challenges of life was a center that spoke peace to frazzled nerves. In this Christmas season take some time to sit down and just breathe this simple prayer: God, you are here. I am embraced by your love and peace. Hold me. Amen. – Ron Friesen 

No comments:

Post a Comment