Friday, December 30, 2011

Wrapping up a year....

Twenty-eleven was an interesting year. I started the year working for a university as a full-time online professor and ended the year in a prison. Well, I should explain, I am working in a prison as a mental health counselor.

For years, I have wanted to do "a ministry with men." I am doing a ministry with men in prison - not quite what I had in mind! With men who have been charged with sex offenses, to top it off.

I am finding the work challenging and interesting. The men range from doctors, educators, priests, pastors, youth ministers, to carpenters, plumbers, truckers, farmers. They scan the scope from men who achieved doctorates to those with barely a sixth grade education. Financially, they cover the socio-economic realms from millionaires to paupers.

Each day I meet men who are seeking their way. I walk their journey to the best of my ability.

I didn't know what 2011 would bring; I am not going to make any predictions about 2012.


1 comment: